Telemedicine—The Game Changer
Provides convenient and affordable access to healthcare:
- Access to a doctor from anywhere anytime
- Call and get help in less than 1 hour
- Get a prescription if necessary
- Good for you and your immediate family
- No medical consult fee
TELADOC-Our Telemedicine Provider
Teladoc provides access to a national network of US Board Certified doctors who are available on-demand 24/7/365. They can diagnose, treat and prescribe medication, if necessary for many medical issues.
Watch this 2 minute video and remember, your cost for care is $0:
Meet Bill Miller
Bill has been serving the health insurance and financial services industry for over 30 years. He graduated from the University of Alabama in 1983 with a Bachelors degree in Business Administration. He is an accomplished Financial Advisor. He has earned the professional financial designation Registered Health Underwriter designation (RHU) of the National Association of Health Underwriters.
Bill’s professional memberships and achievements include active participation in the Alabama Association of Health Underwriters as well as a past President and Board Member. He has received numerous company honors club qualifications and earned industry recognition from NQA, LPRT and Million Dollar Round Table. Bill has conducted numerous seminars for local schools including the University of Alabama and Samford University.
Bill is self-employed, owns and operates his insurance and retirement planning business in Birmingham, AL.
Bill’s hobbies include hunting, fishing and college football. Bill has a cabin and catfish pond in the Guntersville/New Hope area that is dear to his heart.
Bill has been married to Donna Hornbuckle for over 30 years. They live in Hoover, AL.
How Does TelemedicinePLUS Work?
Quality Care—Whenever you need it wherever you are
When Should You Use It?
- When you need to speak to a doctor now
- On weekends and holidays when your doctor is not available
- When you have a non-emergency condition
- When you are on vacation, away from home or on a business trip
- When you need short-term prescription refill
- When you want a second opinion
What Conditions Can Be Treated by Phone:
- Colds and Flu
- Bronchitis and Respiratory Infections
- Headaches, Migraines and Stomach aches
- Sinus problems
- Urinary tract infections
- Pediatric care
- Pink eye
- Insect bites and Poison ivy
- Prescription refills
How does it Work?
TelemedicinePLUS offers some unique features not found in other programs:
- This benefit is good for the immediate family
- It may be used as often as needed
- There is NO CONSULTATION FEE to speak with the doctor
Learn More About TelemedicinePLUS
Substantial Benefits for Employers:
One of the most challenging issues of our time is affordable healthcare. There will continue to be a shortage of physicians and longer and longer wit times. The TelemedicinePLUS program addresses this challenge by providing your employees with convenient access to the healthcare they need, which can save them thousands of dollars a year while giving your business solutions you seek:
- Decreases in absenteeism
- Increases in productivity
- Decreases in overall healthcare costs
- ROI very first year
Using Teladoc as the core benefit, studies in 2012 showed the following:
- 91% of all calls successfully handled by phone or video consult
- Reductions in doctor office visits of 55%
- Reductions in urgent care visits of 23%
- Reductions in emergency room visits of 9%
Our telemedicine program offers unique features through special bundling arrangements not found elsewhere in the marketplace. For more information or to get a quote for your company please click here to use our Contact Us form.
© 2013 Teladoc, Inc. All rights reserved. Teladoc and the Teladoc logo are registered trademarks of Teladoc, Inc. and may not be used without written permission.Teladoc does not replace the primary care physician. Teladoc does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Teladoc operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states. Teladoc does not prescribe DEA controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. Teladoc physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services. Teladoc phone consultations are available 24 hours, 7 days a week while video consultations are available during the hours of 7am to 9pm, 7 days a week.
Additional Health & Lifestyle Benefits
Pharmacy Savings Card
- Good at over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide, this card offers the lowest prices in the store for all prescriptions. Savings of 10-85% with an average savings of 41%.
- Over 12,000 eye care professionals in this network. Savings of 20% to 60% on prescription eyewear. Savings of 10% to 30% on eye exams. Save 40% to 50% off the overall national average on LASIK surgery.
- Save 15-50%* at over 125,000** practice locations on everything from general dentistry and cleanings to root canals and crowns. Save on routine services such as x-rays and fillings. Save on specialty care and cosmetic procedures where available.
*Actual costs and savings vary by provider, service and geographical area.
** According to the Aetna Enterprise Provider Database as of November 1, 2012.
- Free hearing screenings and substantial discounts on retail cost of over 70 models of hearing aids at over 3500 Beltone and Newport Audiology Centers.
Medical Health Advisor
- Helps you find the right providers and services
- Clarifies health benefits
- Provides cost estimates for medical procedures
- Addresses eldercare Issues
- General information on all types of health concerns
- Answers about medication usage and interaction
- Translation services for non-English speaking callers
- TTY/TTD access for the hearing impaired
- Computerized record keeping system
- Medical Director on staff
Medical Bill Saver
- Represents you and helps you get through maze of administrative, insurance and clinical issues
- Highly experienced negotiating unit
- Uses various fee benchmarking databases
- Negotiates medical and dental bills over $400
- Provides personal Savings Result Statement
- Access to Counselors who assist with problem resolution 24/7. Speak to Skilled Counselors for: depression, anxiety or stress; conflicts at work or home; reliance on alcohol, drugs, tobacco or food; sexual, physical or emotional abuse; loss and grief; change and transition.
Medical Travel Assistance
- Access to a global network of practicing physicians, travel assistance personnel and emergency evacuation benefits when traveling 100 miles from home and suffering a serious injury or illness.
Lab & Imaging
- Save 50-75% on MRI and CT scans and 10-80% on typical lab costs.
Lab portion not available to residents of MA, MD, ND, NE, NJ, NY, RI or SD.
Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Up to 15 miles towing (up to $80 retail value) per occurrence maximum for covered charges.
- Flat tire assistance, fuel, oil, fluid and water delivery service, lock-out assistance, battery assistance, & collision assistance.
Legal Services Direct
- Nationwide network of thousands of attorneys in all 50 states offering free services for consultations, new legal matters, legal documents, small claims court representation, welfare and INS issues, and simple will.
- Capped fees on other commonly used legal services. For additional matters, plan attorneys will either charge $125.00 per hour, or 40% off their usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater
Identity Theft Protection* (for member only)
- Provides early notification whenever they detect your personal information being used to apply for many forms of credit or services
- Removal from pre-approved credit offers
- 24/7 access to live, domestic fraud resolution experts
- ID Theft Reimbursement Insurance
- ID Theft Analytics-Risk Score
- Fraud Databases, Social Networks and Proprietary Data Monitoring
Tax Help Line
- Unlimited advice on federal taxation
- Free tax return preparation for forms 1040 EZ, 1040A and standard 1040
- Deep discounts on numerous other tax schedules
- IRS audit assistance
- Tax planning
- Review of prior year’s tax return
- Member portal with tax tips, tax law changes, member advice and much more
Pet Savings Program
- Save 25% on all vet services-no exclusions, no forms to fill out, no deductibles. All pets in the household included. Pet care is not insurance.
Fitness Center Discounts
- Guaranteed lowest membership rates at over 8,500 fitness centers nationwide. Average annual savings $207 per year. One Week FREE pass at all participating clubs.
Health & Lifestyle